Got the blues? Feeling down? Stressed? In life we are constantly advised to GO, GO, GO and achieve goals! This can takes its toll-we need to sometimes ‘smell the roses’ or do something little for ourselves to keep our happiness in check!
1. Grab a takeaway coffee and sit at your favourite spot at a nearby park!
2.Have dessert for dinner! Remember dessert is spelt
3. Stretch while listening to wonderful music. Go onto youtube and listen to Tibetan Bells, Rainforest Sounds, Indian Yoga Music, Heavy Metal! Whatever floats your boat!
4.Catch up on sleep. But don’t overdo it! It is common when your feeling down to want to sleep all of the time!
5.Do something ‘touristy’ in your city! Don’t forget to take photographs!
6. My favourite tip: MOVE YOUR BODY and release some endorphins! How? Buy some passes to a nearby dance class! Go for a big walk! Go rock climbing!
7. Celebrate your favourite holiday regardless of what time of the year it is. Hello Christmas in July!
8. Watch your favourite movie or tv series. ‘Sex and the City’ anyone?
9. Call someone you dearly love and haven’t spoken to in a while.
10. Boring but effective step: sort out your life out-clean out the cobwebs from your closet, see the doctor, address your financial! Do this then follow steps 1-9
1.Indulge a little but not too much! Enjoy online shopping, buy your favourite chocolate, or get a message – just keep it in moderation!
2.Do stay away from negative people, drugs and alcohol.
3.Confide in people who you can trust to comfort you!